Did you ever think of finding a male au pair, but were put off by the idea of it? Yet most of our children’s favourite teachers, nurses, doctors, music or sports coaches are male. Many people are deterred about hosting a male Au Pair, however there are many advantages to having a male Au Pair in the house. At Cara International, we only place male Au Pairs who have been Garda, Medically and Personality vetted. Furthermore, we only place male Au Pairs who are studying or have qualifications in disciplines relating to childcare i.e. teachers, nurses, social care practitioners etc.
Some of the advantages of having a male Au Pair include:
- The “Big Brother” aspect: having an older boy in the house can help kids feel like they have the protection of a big brother
- Boys, in particular relate very well to male Au Pairs as they can teach them sports skills or play more boisterous games. Many of the male Au Pairs that we vet have experience in coaching children’s sports
- They also look up to them in a different way than to a female Au Pair as they can sometimes feel more comfortable talking to another boy
- Most male Au Pairs we place are experienced drivers, making picking children up from school or bringing them to any hobbies or training easier
- In some cases if a young boy has a problem, they will feel more comfortable sharing it and discussing it with a “big brother” type rather than with their parents. The male Au Pair can then liaise with you to discuss how you would like to help the child with their problem.
We have some great male Au Pairs who would love to live with a Host Family in Ireland or England. Below are 3 of the Male Au Pairs that we have personally picked out who are available RIGHT NOW if we find them a suitable family. If you are interested in any of these Au Pairs or want to find out about the other male Au Pairs we have, please contact us with the reference number.
Reference Number: M-2164 We have a wonderful Spanish Au Pair available to come to Ireland or England now. He is 25 years old and wishes to improve his English to further his career as a Teacher. He has been a soccer coach for the past 5 years and works with an NGO which defends and promotes children’s rights. He loves music, sports and cooking. He is a non-smoker and has a full clean driving licence. He is willing to stay with a family for up to one year, and is open to location. No baby experience and is willing to mind children aged 3+. Max 2 children.
Reference Number: M-9939 A lovely French male Au Pair is looking to come to Ireland to live with a Host Family from October 23rd and stay for up to one year. He is 23 years old. He loves sports and music and plays guitar, classical piano, and the flute. He has taught guitar and classical piano to children for 3 years now while completing his studies as a nurse. He is a non-smoker with a full clean driving licence. He is willing to live with a family for up to one year. Open to location but would prefer a city. Happy to mind babies and has experience. Max 4 children.
Reference Number: M- 3929 Another great French male Au Pair is looking to come to Ireland to live with a Host Family from October 24th. His grandparents are from Cork and he would love the opportunity to live in Ireland with an Irish family to experience the culture. He loves football. He is almost fluent in english. He is 23 years old and has recently qualified as an art teacher. He loves art and sports. He is a 3rd dan black belt in karate and has taught karate classes to children aged 4-14 for 5 years. He also teaches self-defence to young women aged 14-21 twice a week for the past 2 years. He is a non-smoker with a full clean driving licence. He is willing to stay up to 10 months. Would prefer the countryside, but close enough to a city to commute on days off. No baby experience. Max 3 children.
Reference Number: M-3827 Italian trainee primary teacher would love to come to Ireland or England for up to 6 months to improve his English and gain experience in childcare. He loves sports, particularly soccer and tennis. He is trained in first aid. He has no other childcare experience aside from babysitting his brothers 3 children, but is willing to learn and adores children. Non-smoker with a full clean driving licence. Max 4 children. Open to location.