Many Au Pairs are not aware that they must work legally in Ireland. Many are coming through social media and online websites and even through agency and are in breach of Irish employment law. Cara International places au pairs for free of charge with all the following benefits.
- Legal minimum wage pay (as outlined below)
- Full family file with photos and reference.
- Legal contracts
- Legal job description
- Legal timesheets
- Online training course to help with job
- Assistance with meet up and things to do in Ireland
- Check-in throughout your stay
- Advice if problems arise
- Advice on language and other classes
- Assistance with applying for Early Years or Nanny programmes if extending stay.
Minimum wage rates in Ireland from Feb 2020 are
€10.10 for a person aged 20 years and over
€9.09 for a person aged 19 years
€8.08 for a person aged 18 years
0.87 cents for the board for hours worked.
€3.32 per day worked lodgings
€25-34 per day cultural homestay rate
Less Cultural Home Stay Rates €25-35 per day not worked (Some families give this as a bonus)
Cultural homestay part of the programme
Cara International services
Cara International is entirely free for Au Pairs who do not need assistance with the registration process. Some Au Pairs require assistance (see International Rep service below).
What Cara International Families provide
- Complete Application form
- Terms of Employment( Legally required to work in Ireland)
- Detailed job description
- Reference contact which can include details from previous au pairs
- Photos of the family, Au Pair bedroom, family home and the general area.
- Monthly timesheet in which you and the family sign off on the hours worked.
Au Pair in Ireland for free with Cara International also includes
Au Pair experts
Cara International Au Pair Agency provides an expert in the field with twenty years experience hosting, placing and training Au Pairs and the Founder Caroline Joyce holds a Masters in Family Support, BA in Social Care and a FETAC Level Six Distinction in Coaching Leadership and has completed a research dissertation on Au Pairs.
Screening/ Vetting Au Pairs
Au Pair should follow the below criteria to give themselves the best chance of placement
- Your application is carefully reviewed for a suitable match
- Cara International sends your complete file to the potential family and visa verse
- If both parties like each other’s file, we set up a Skype or WhatsApp interviews with the family
- If both parties accept each other, the family will finalise the legal job description and terms of employment, outlining exact pay, hours and deductions and both you and the family sign off on same and confirm the start date for the placement.
- On confirmation. we invite you to our online Facebook group to make new friends and provide you with a welcome email, including advice on health insurance, staying safe in Ireland etc
- You book your flights and confirm your arrival with Cara International
- Cara International set up your training schedule and sends you your first training modules
- We keep in touch from the welcome stage and throughout your stay and continue to send you training modules
- At the end of your stay, you will receive a questionnaire from Cara International about your experience and you will provide proof of completion of stay with the family, such as return flight details
Au Pair in Ireland for free with Cara International
Except in you need the following
It has been our experience that some non-English speaking prefers to have the assistance of one of our international reps in preparing the paperwork for the programme and there is a charge of €35 to register for that service and €35 on completion for their translation support.
Difficulty to find placement and Marketing Service
Au Pair with particular requests such as Summer only, City only or limited experience should complete marketing video and profile in which we charge €50 to market on the Cara International website, Facebook and newsletter system. Registration is included in the price for marketing the Au Pair profile. Then, €35 will be charged only on completion, when a matching family is found for the Au Pair.
Contact us for more information
Complete our Query Form or call us on 0949289654 or email email@example.com